Data Engineer/Python Developer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Talentburst Inc.
1 years contract with likely extension
Data Engineer/Python Developer
Top skills (must haves):
Python Development on Linux platforms
Full understanding of SDLC around CI CD
The growth of artificial intelligence (AI) on our Big Data platforms has created the need for deeper skills within the AI space, specifically focused on Python and core development standards in a software development life cycle, including continuous integration and delivery. A working understanding of SCM, Build, Static Analysis, Automated testing and deployment are expected. This role is to support our growth in the data analytics area, and we are currently recruiting for a Senior Data Engineer/Developer who will become an integral part of the AI and Virtual Assistant team. This role focuses on data ingestion, transformations, storage and services to expose these elements to different channels of consumers. Additionally, this role requires strong technical security experience with sensitive and critical data elements, with a future towards cloud technologies to provide the most effective and efficient experience for our customers and representatives.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, highly energetic, Agile TEAM based environment
- Design, develop and deploy scalable solutions based on Python and running on Linux platforms.
- Updating and creating standards around data ingestion and processes within the analytics ecosystem for scalable and maintainable platforms.
- Identification of currently inefficient processes and data flows and proposed future state, focused on data quality and performance
- Full understanding of continuous integration and delivery, including branching strategies, automated unit tests, static analysis (code structure and security), automated deployment and functional automation within CI and CD Pipelines.
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines: data engineering, Python development, software engineering or database development
- BS/BA or demonstrated analytical and technical ability
- Deep understanding how data supports business strategy, and how it is used within business processes and its impact.
- Experience working with analytics stakeholders to understand and propose solutions and approaches to sophisticated analytic problems.
- Experience building and maintaining REST APIs built in Python
- Experience with development and maintaining Linux based applications, including basic Linux commands and bash Scripting
- Nice to have - experience with large-scale data sets (50+ terabytes 1+ petabyte)
- Nice to have - exposure to ELK stack
- Nice to have - exposure to Relational and NoSQL Databases and ETL tools
- Nice to have - experience with Java and/or other Object Oriented Languages
- Passion for data and how data is used to drive enterprise business strategy
- Strong communication skills across both business and technical communities
- Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Self-directed and able to proactively manage complex projects unsupervised
- Demonstrated ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; gaining consensus; influence without authority
- Proficient in SQL and Object Orientation Languages (such as Java)
- Strong working understanding of continuous integration techniques
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Basic project management skills
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Results oriented with ability to clearly articulate and deliver business value
- Nice to have - experience in working for a financial organization