Associate Underwriter - Personal Lines
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Kinsale Insurance Company
This position is with Aspera Insurance Services, Inc., a wholly-owned brokerage subsidiary of Kinsale Capital Group. The primary role of this position will be to support Aspera's handling of the Personal Lines Insurance New Business and Renewal book of business placed with Kinsale Insurance Company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review submissions to ensure accuracy of risk description, rate and coverages selected.
- Ensure necessary required documents have been obtained and accurately completed by the agent.
- Underwriting review of submissions within authority to ensure placement is within appropriate guidelines.
- Appropriate and accurate documentation of files.
- Accurate processing, issuance and servicing of New Business and Renewal Submissions, Endorsements, and Cancellations completed in a timely fashion to the agency force.
- Answer Agent and Customer Inquiries to resolve questions and issues.
- Participate in supervised marketing/sales visits to provide customer service and grow book of business.
- Train agents to properly use the online quote system.
- Assist internal units with resolving problems and questions.
- Assist in audit of files.
- Handle product and competitor reviews.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- PC literate with emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Team player that enjoys a flexible, spontaneous business environment.
- Ability to make occasional business trips.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, economics, risk management or related field.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, life, disability, PTO, 401(k) and more. This position offers bonus potential that is best in class.