Maintenance Operations Leader
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
3167 Manheim PikeLancaster, PA
Skilled Labor - Trades
At least 2 year(s)
Job Description Arconic is currently in search of a Maintenance Operations Leader to join our Global Rolled Products Operations business unit in Lancaster PA.
The Maintenance Operations Leader will direct the planned and unplanned maintenance activities for the Mill's production equipment. Implement and optimize preventative maintenance programs for Lancaster with the objective of ensuring that plant operations remain in a high state of up-time and reliability.
- Lead in a manner that drives the identification, implementation and documentation of maintenance and reliability best practices. Connect with other Arconic locations and outside companies to benchmark and share best practices.
- Provide leadership in reducing unplanned downtimes for manufacturing equipment, as well as, improving the utilization and duration of planned maintenance.
- Engage available resources to meet business objectives set by the Lead Team. Objectives should be achieved by seeking opportunities to work collaboratively and in cooperation with other areas of the plant and will not detrimentally impact the vitality of the Lancaster facility.
- During repairs and outages, ensure that details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, procedures, etc., are provided and documented.
- Ensure that repair techniques, procedures and equipment specific training are documented and available.
- Provide technical support for specification, identification, and purchasing of needed parts.
- Ensure maintenance activities are coordinated with Production, SCM, Engineering, Planning and Scheduling, and EHS.
- Establish and execute help chain and communication chain for unplanned events
- Coach and develop skills of direct and indirect reports.
- Partner with the Human Resources function to establish, coordinate and monitor department-specific people systems (performance management, reward and recognition, compensation, employee engagement, employee development, succession planning, hiring process, new employee onboarding, etc).
- Reviews spare parts list for existing equipment and works with Planners (or Lead) to ensure parts are identified, added and stocked in the system in support of the maintenance and MRO strategy.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for cost reduction and/or productivity improvements with regards to maintenance activities, particularly seeking to minimize the investment required for spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Manage and drive EHS improvements for employees and contractors.
- Lead in a manner that recognizes that accident, injury, and environmental incident prevention are equal in importance to production, quality, delivery, recovery and cost control.
- Ensure compliance with EHS standards (HP, audits, housekeeping) for all Process Maintenance areas
- Accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among other employees using the tools of Human Performance (HP).
- Partner with Procurement function to ensure appropriate contracts and service agreements are in place to support the operations.
- Drive execution of 3-year maintenance reliability plans
- Identify succession planning process for technical roles
- Provide emergency technical support for critical plan operations
- Provide support in managing contractors for maintenance outages and general tasks.
Basic Qualifications :
- HS Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 2 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Advanced Degree in a technical field; Engineering, IT, Technician
- Minimum of two years' experience in an aluminum manufacturing environment
- 3 years of supervisory experience
- 5 years of maintenance experience
- 3 years of project management experience