Machinist - Weekend Days - 25%25 Shift Diff
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
th AvenueBig Lake, MN
At least 2 year(s)
Job Description Position Summary:
This position is responsible for planning materials to be used and the sequence of operations, setting up and operating machines and equipment, producing precision parts of varying complexity, inspecting completed parts, completing documentation and assembling parts as required.
- Plan and verify materials to be used and methods and sequences of operations to be performed on each job as directed by documentation or supervision.
- Set up machines and equipment, assuring appropriate feeds and speeds, stops, clamps, fixtures and tooling are selected.
- Operate machines and equipment in order to produce precision parts of varying complexity according to customer specifications by interpreting blueprints and drawings while following manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Inspect completed parts according to the specifications, including visually inspecting the surface for appearance and non-conformities. Follow procedures as needed to address non-conformities.
- Complete required documentation for all jobs responsible for, including entering data into ERP system.
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly when required.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment, adhering to 5S principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A related machine trades certificate/diploma and two years relevant experience, OR, six years relevant experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with milling, turning or grinding.
- Experience setting up and operating machine tools.
- Intermediate ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of machinist hand tools and measuring tools, process planning and inspection.
- Machine shop math skills.
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience editing programs through machine controls.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability in a machine shop environment.
- Experience using an ERP system.