CNC Lathe/Mill Programmer/Operator
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Arconic
At least 4 year(s)
Job Description Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) in Fullerton is seeking a skilled CNC Machinist to Set up and Operate our Mazak Lathe and Mill.
Arconic Fastening Systems (AFS) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 39 locations. AFS is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Plans numerical control program to control contour path machining of parts on automatic machine tools by performing the following duties. Organizes operational data as submitted by engineers; or when directed, utilizes documented standard data as it applies to align and code operations, tooling identifications, indexing sequences, speeds and feeds for data entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes blueprints to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates;
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting paths;
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part;
- Writes instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine;
- Writes program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along cutting path;
- Revises program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions;
- Makes set-ups by using typical tooling fixtures and indicating target diameters, hole alignments, or spindle run-out;
- Runs, monitors and troubleshoots equipment in production, adjusting set-up as necessary;
- Performs routine preventive maintenance procedures on equipment. Assists maintenance in troubleshooting equipment by applying knowledge of individual machine characteristics.
- High School Diploma or GED;
- 4 years' experience as a machinist;
- Experience with Mazak Controls, reading blue prints and knowledge of precision measuring devices.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee