Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for our prestige dining services at The Minnesota Twins Player Development Academy located in Fort Myers, Florida. Sodexo provides performance nutrition services to professional baseball players on a year round basis.
The Chef Manager will have skills to conduct inventory, place orders, and provide training to the kitchen staff. The ability to handle multiple priorities is a definite. Reporting to the Executive Chef, the ideal candidate for this position will have experience respectfully supervising and supporting the production functions of kitchen staff, the ability to motivate employees to continually improve performance and outcomes with a passion for preparing and executing outstanding dining experiences. The adherence to proper food handling and proper safety programs and a working knowledge of web-based programs is critical to the success of this position.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Assist in the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- Knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills
In your role; this is a hands-on position, moving from back of the house to front of the house. Position assists the Executive Chef in; the daily operations of the kitchen, 20 employees in food production & dining service, food & labor costs controls, some catering, quality standards, self-audits for the HACCP process, and customer service programs and enhancements. _Your skills to support the primary focus of driving outstanding food quality and service to enhance and energize healthy living for our customers is mission critical.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Assists in direction of daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Responsible for the day to day execution of the menus & culinary deliverables. May be responsible for smaller units within a multi-location.
- Executes the culinary function.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Handles administrative functions.
Affinity Executive Search