Posted on Jun 9, 2022 by Daltrey
Join a team whose interests are as unique as their biometrics
At Daltrey we think differently and do things differently.
We're shaking up biometrics and digital identity by building a first-of-its-kind technology to rid the world of passwords and access cards for good.
In joining Daltrey, you'll join a team where passions are celebrated and our differences are what make us stronger.
What you'll do…
Working closely with our Chief of Security & Technology Officer, Julien Bringer, as our Technical Lead, you will be oversee Daltrey's technical team in Europe and the projects they undertake including assisting them with the technical aspects of their role including coding and programming, identify risks and develop work.
This role is open to candidates located in Western Europe.
Picture yourself in the role
You will also have ownership in managing technical aspects of software development flow from design to testing. Part of the role is to plan, design, lead, and execute technical solutions and improvements. You are also expected to be innovative and a thought-leader among your team.
- Team leadership - defining goals and objectives. You will work with the team to inspire them to reach their daily and weekly goals.
- Collaborating with the team to identify and fix technical problems
- Assist with recruitment and training technical team members
- Influencing the SDLC for improving timely releases, high quality and reliability
- Driving design of new features and refactoring of existing code base
- Supervising testing activities to ensure appropriate validation of functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborating with product and other tech & security stakeholders to manage expectations, plan, execute and deliver accordingly
- Innovating with new concepts, new technologies, and new processes to anticipate on future trends while ensuring best quality of the solutions
Your skills and experience
The person is just as important as the experience. But as a minimum you'll need the to demonstrate the following:
- Leadership and strong organisational abilities
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Has proven experience as a tech lead, or similar role
- Strong experience as a developer or software architect, ideally in building scalable and HA systems in cybersecurity space
- Has thorough knowledge of applicable skills such as mobile applications, webservices, back-end systems, …
- Preferably possesses knowledge of application and system security
- Should be proactive, openminded, able to work with multi-cultural teams
- Exposed to various modern technologies
Tech stack requirements
- Strong skills in C#/.NET Core, webservices, Oauth 2.0, React, OpenAPI,
- Fluent with relational database technologies (e.g. SQL Server/PostgreSQL/MySQL/etc), as well as non-relational (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- Experience of high-level cross-platform development (i.e. experience with Windows/Linux/macOS)
- Embedded software experience, C/C++, for instance on firmware level is a plus
- Knowledge of authorization frameworks and/or access control systems
- IT security and cryptography is a plus
- Mobile development (C, Java, Kotlin, O-C, Swift) is a plus
Behind the scenes at Daltrey
We have a culture of innovation at Daltrey.
We give you the tools and support to set you up for success. If you're driven to perform and innovate, you'll fit right in. We approach our work fearlessly, learning quickly, always looking to improve and celebrate our wins at every turn. Everyone is welcome - we pride ourselves on being an inclusive and diverse workplace and welcome people from all walks of life and backgrounds. We celebrate you.
What we offer:
- Rewarding your investment: in addition to a strong base pay, you will also participate in our annual bonus scheme and Employee Share Option Scheme (after six months). You can also choose to receive part of your salary in Bitcoin.
- Work and life harmony: our hybrid and flexible working model allows you to work the way that is best for you and keep it balanced with your personal world.
- Paid parental leave and family-friendly policies: we offer generous paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers and understand that flexibility is needed for parents and carers.
- Floating cultural days: you choose which cultural celebrations mean the most to you with our Floating Cultural Days policy.
- Connectedness: with peer recognition awards, monthly town halls, a different buddy to chat to every week, we want to ensure everyone feels a sense of belonging at Daltrey
- Certified Great Place to Work: we are a certified Great Place to Work in Australia (which extends to our global team)!