Manager, Product Technical Support
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by CBS
The Manager, Technical Support is the key escalation point for any issues negatively impacting users of our SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service, and is responsible for working with engineers, QA personnel, product managers and other staff to lead investigation and resolution of problems.
In this role, you'll use your understanding of the components of our web sites, apps and backend to formulate/pursue theories about the causes of issues affecting customers. You will need to be a self-starter, tenacious, and creative in using the tools at hand to pursue the underlying causes/possible resolutions for those issues.
Additionally, you will ensure that senior management is aware of any problem affecting customers, will communicate with staff who are intermediating problems with customers, will develop troubleshooting and resolution steps, will create and maintain documentation used by customer support staff, will produce regular reports on customer-facing technical concerns, and will ensure that key problems remain top-of-mind for management and the team.
- Communicate clearly and frequently with all stakeholders about ongoing production issues. Escalate new issues via established escalation procedures.
- Work directly with customer support leaders troubleshoot technical issues experienced by our customers.
- Provide real-time support for Customer Service agents who encounter problems they can't resolve.
- Provide support and monitoring of the service during high-traffic, high-viewing periods including season premieres and season finales, new app and feature launches.
- Monitor technical support trends emerging from customer communication. Continuously review troubleshooting steps, and customer communication to ensure high-quality resolution.
- Work with product to understand new features and develop help center/knowledge base articles for customer.
- Produce relevant service health reports from the customers' perspective.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years technical support experience preferably on video-based digital media and products or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years experience working directly with customers to troubleshoot and gather necessary information about the issue.
- Experience in training support tier 1 and 2 on proper troubleshooting known issues and new feature and product releases.
- Experience using developer/debugging tools like Xcode, Wireshark and Charles
- Experience using ZenDesk or similar CRM system for communicating with customers
- Experience using Jira or other ticketing system for tracking issues
- Technical background and/or experience is preferred
- An excellent communicator who can write or speak clearly about complex concepts
- A team player and fun to work with.
- Known for your ability to follow-through.
- Someone with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon's Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network's authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at  and  .