Quality Excellence Engineer
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Nike
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
As our Quality Excellence Engineer, you'll apply your engineering expertise to the development and implementation of Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation's Quality System for new materials and manufacturing processes. You'll work with the Product Creation teams, applying advanced Quality Engineering tools and statistical techniques to develop new materials and processes and identifying necessary improvements and controls. You'll also develop and implement new materials and manufacturing processes to assure the quality of new products and processes. You'll create and approve new product specifications by evaluating customer needs and statistically analyzing data generated during the product creation process using Design of Experiments and other advanced statistical tools. You'll also train and direct Quality Auditors and Technicians on the performance of all process control and evaluation procedures. You'll perform vendor/supplier Quality System evaluations and audits and establish and maintain product and process specifications for suppliers. This opportunity also involves designing and conducting process capability studies and other process evaluations to identify sources of variation, effectiveness of process controls and quality levels of products being produced while identifying and initiating improvements. In addition, you'll direct investigations of defects and other reported problems to determine the cause and extent of the problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field
- 2 years' experience in a process engineering, quality engineering, or a related advanced-level role, preferred
- 4 years' additional related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated application of Statistical Process Control, Design of Experiments, problem-solving, quality planning, and quality systems
- Ability to visually evaluate materials from a distance range of 12 inches to 6 feet, and lift up to 35 lbs.
- Experience with Infinity QS Statistical Process Control (SPC) software, Microsoft Project or related project management software, preferred
- Experience working with Six Sigma/LEAN Manufacturing techniques and implementation and thermoforming, strongly preferred
- Experience with an ISO 9000 organization and manufacturing plastics and/or polyurethane, preferred
- Experience communicating technical/product information directly to external customers or suppliers, preferred
- Knowledge of EU/FDA or other regulatory product compliance requirements, preferred
Octo Consulting Group