Dir, Integration & Ops, Sustainable Manufacturing
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
We are transforming manufacturing with world-class standards that ensure our products are made responsibly and sustainably. We are respecting the environment and using cutting-edge technologies to create better, more personalized products for our customers.
This role will lead a team focused factory performance management and reporting, systems integration and policy creation and governance. You will need to understand the internal and external landscape of both manufacturing risk and opportunity in support of Sustainable Manufacturing & Sourcing's vision to create a world-class manufacturing sourcebase.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Guide a team of 9 people to support a broad set of operational imperatives designed to provide data, analysis and reporting capabilities that ensure Nike's progress against both factory compliance objectives and beyond compliance goals.
- Be a key partner in defining Nike policy for: Code of Conduct Requirements; Factory Lifecycle Management policy and Governance process; Board of Directors Reporting; Global Sourcing information; SM&S Field Team tools, process and policies to ensure compliance and beyond compliance goals are being effectively managed.
- Oversee strategic direction for suite of industry convergence assessment tools, enterprise tools, new vendor scorecards and other technical systems that will be required to integrate with the SM&S technology ecosystem.
- Bring insight, strategy and support to closing gaps in compliance and areas of risk for the company, and capturing opportunities for leadership with delivering 2020 target performance and setting the next generation of sustainability targets
- Effectively acquire, develop, and manage long-term and quarterly strategic priorities for the SM&S Integration & Operations team.
This critical role requires a unique individual. You are process-oriented and results driven, but can also strategize and innovate to create roadmap for the future. You combine strong reasoning and problem-solving skills with an ability to understand, empathize and work with other people. You are a self-starter, flexible thinker and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally to drive change and influence leaders. You can quickly form both professional and personal relationships with colleagues and then develop rigorous, well-communicated deliverables. You identify opportunities to drive supply chain transparency in support of business goals. You are comfortable managing complex issues to resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or a relatable field
- 8+ years' experience in sustainable manufacturing or engineering
- 7+ years' of people management experience, preferably in sustainable manufacturing
- Project management, problem structuring and strategic problem-solving skills
- Self-directed, persistent and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Ability to excel in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a simple, easily understood manner to diverse groups of stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to interact with all levels, partnering, facilitating, and influencing
- Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources
- Ability to travel 10% of the time