PLM, Apparel - Women's Train
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Under Armour
It started with a simple plan to make a superior T-shirt. A shirt that provided compression and wicked perspiration off your skin rather than absorb it. A shirt that worked with your body to regulate temperature and enhance performance. Founded in 1996 by former University of Maryland football player Kevin Plank, Under Armour is the originator of performance apparel - gear engineered to keep athletes cool, dry, and light throughout the course of a game, practice, or workout.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes... and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand. That demand has created an environment of growth. Today, with millions of unique registered users across UA's Connected Fitness community, the brand is resonating with more athletes than ever before, and we're investing to change the way athletes live.
UA is an environment where building a great team is vital, and where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace. Our teammates and the world's hungriest athletes alike, live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will.
The Product Line Manager for Women's Training will be given an opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing brand and category. This individual will play a lead role in building great product and assisting in the design, development, commercialization and sourcing process to ensure product is built in accordance with UA's line architecture plans. With passion, presence and intellectual curiosity, this individual will play a key role in driving style-performance-fit and make an immediate impact on the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and manage the Women's Training apparel business from concept to commercialization
- Drive the Product Creation process with Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Sourcing and Planning
- Lead product focus groups to better understand the athlete as well as identify trends and market opportunities
- Regularly conduct industry and competitive analyses to be the expert on the latest innovations, materials, price points, fabrication methods and color
- Drive SKU productivity and profitability
- Partner with Category Merchant on creation of design brief, with final accountability for the brief
- Analytical: Uses intuition and experience to compliment data
- Design: Demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations
- Global Mindset: Able to understand global markets and accommodate different cultural perspectives in decision-making
- Project Management: Communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities
- Technical Skills: Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Oral Communication: Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Change Management: Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results
- Leadership: Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others
- Business Acumen: Aligns work with strategic goals
- Visionary Leadership
- Managing People
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year University
- 4+ years of product line management experience
- Strong presentation skills - the ability to present/sell to all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task across categories and functions
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.