Project Employee, Dig. & Social Content Publishing
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by National Basketball Association
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
This position is part of the NBA Emerging Media group which focuses on identifying, creating, distributing and publishing content for the NBA's social and digital platforms and its many domestic and international partners throughout the world. This position supports the NBA, WNBA and NBA G League. As the demand for content on the NBA's social and digital platforms continues to grow, this is your opportunity to grow with us in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment. This is a project employee position based out of the Secaucus, New Jersey office that is intended to continue throughout the 2018 NBA season.
- Identify elements and potential storylines from NBA, WNBA and NBA G League live games and tentpole events throughout the season from the NBA's Content Command Center (This will include nights and weekends)
- Creating content targeted for NBA, WNBA and NBA G League social and digital platforms (websites and apps) including video, photo and graphics editing, and written content
- Curating and publishing video, photo, statistical, and editorial content for all NBA, WNBA and NBA G League social and digital platforms
- Supporting the NBA's international partners by gathering content for distribution and helping to fulfill licensee requests for additional content Researching and introducing new content ideas for NBA, WNBA and NBA G League social and digital platforms
- Actively participating in content planning for all league's social and digital platforms
- Deeply knowledgeable and passionate about the NBA, WNBA and NBA G League and their players, coaches, and teams
- Knowledge of basketball analytics and the rules of the game
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat
- Background in digital, social, photos and graphics production/editing or video content production
- Strong writing and communication skills, as well as ability to execute editorial judgment
- Basic knowledge of HTML and Content Management Systems
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects a plus
- Ability and willingness to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail oriented approach Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Developer, Social Media, Technology, Marketing
National Basketball Association
National Basketball Association