Accounting Mgr, Direct Sales Audit
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
The Order-To-Cash (O2C) Controlling team is involved in multiple initiatives which drive NIKE's growth. NIKE is leading with Digital. The Accounting Manager, NIKE Direct Sales Audit, will focus on supporting the growth of the Digital business. You will be responsible for designing and supporting the implementation of various Digital initiatives. As a subject matter expert, you will also be responsible for the optimization of existing processes within O2C, specifically around sales audit. To Win as a Team, you will work with multiple business stakeholders at WHQ and Global focused on supporting world class global policies, processes, and controls.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Own various accounting reconciliation processes;
- Participate in optimizing existing processes in O2C/sales audit space;
- Assist the team in optimizing the Digital cash-to-revenue reconciliation tool/process;
- Be a subject matter expert for new initiatives, including the implementation of the reconciliation tool;
- Become a System Superuser with knowledge of interrelated systems in the revenue lifecycle;
- Perform ad hoc analysis on (non)financial data and be capable to communicate results within team and cross functionally.
- Engage key business leaders to obtain visibility and provide accounting guidance for new transactions enabling forecast accuracy and informed business decisions;
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners to drive process excellence and financial statement accuracy, i.e. Customer Finance, Billing, Source-to-Pay, and NIKE IT;
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and financial reporting;
- Be part of the larger NIKE Controlling Organization and embrace best practices and drive process excellence, including LEAN initiatives over existing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related fields is required. Master's degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting or related functions
- Big 4 Public accounting experience and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is strongly preferred
- Experience with a Fortune 500 or multinational consumer products company is an advantage.
- Proven ability to problem-solve, communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts with attention to detail and investigation/analysis capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and thrive in an evolving and high-growth environment; ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and requests.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with senior leadership team;
- Understanding/application of managerial concepts and techniques in areas such as project/change management, idea creation, and cross-team effectiveness;
- Proficiency with SAP ERP and Microsoft Excel are essential; Blackline, ReconNet, and PowerPoint are highly preferred.
- Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand
- Ability to pass a 7-year background check.