Wholesale Finance Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Quiksilver
The North America Wholesale Finance Manager is responsible for establishing budget targets for the North America Wholesale Sales operations of Boardriders, assisting with the development of budgets, forecast, and actions plans with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, and Sales Planning, managing P&L's, expense controlling and other activities with operational counterparts to identify and act on wholesale opportunities.
- Establish target sales, gross margin and profitability levels (by brand, by season, by channel, by category, by region) working side-by-side with the wholesale Sales Leadership for North America.
- Coordinate with Sales Leadership to understand performance and trend.
- Identify key revenue growth and profit improvement opportunities
- Help craft the three year strategic plan and annual operating plans
- Provide monthly financial performance analysis and forecast commentary
- Work with functional leaders to identify projects that support the corporate strategic and operating plans
- Provide monthly sales, margin and expense variance analysis to Sales Leadership.
- Develop actionable initiatives to achieve sales targets, in conjunction with operational counterparts in all selling channels.
- Develop and distribute monthly and quarterly financial results to Finance, Executive Management, and Board of Directors.
- Develop and distribute appropriate periodic regional financial forecasts.
- Develop strategic business cases for expansion or new markets. Create ROI analysis to help facilitate capital decision making.
- Perform data analytics around channels, categories, customers, materials, and direct spending.
- Analyze product, category and brand life cycles.
- Refine or create analytical reporting metrics and dashboard
- Develop appropriate gross margin models, while providing insights to product, freight, and other indirect costs
- Attract, develop, and retain a world-class team that is capable of partnering with business leaders to model the financial impact, establish KPIs, track progress, and successfully deliver projects that meet or exceed expectations
- Drive special projects as available
- 6+ years of progressive finance and management experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Balanced. Analytical and creative thought leader, with strong business acumen
- Influencer. Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to positively influence across a diverse community
- Analytical. Superior skills that balance intuition with data support; keen attention to detail
- Decisive. Metrics focused problem solver. Must be brave and dares to be disruptive
- Organized. Proficient in project planning, prioritizing and controlling job responsibilities to meet deadlines efficiently and easily
- Proactive. Not waiting, driving forward. Sees beyond the next step
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- SAP, BPC/Hyperion systems knowledge
- MBA/CPA highly preferred