Writer, Breaking News Team
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Bleacher Report
We are seeking a Writerfor the Breaking News Team atBleacher Report, a division of Turner Sports. Bleacher Report is the site of choice for the next generation of sports fans, engaging millions of usersevery month with its comprehensive, insightful and entertainingcontent. This position offers a solid starting point from which to build a career with Bleacher Report.
Writers in this role producenews articles around the day's biggest national stories and upcoming events, using existing reports, reaction and social media to create content in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Work with editors to update existing news stories and to create new reports.
- Create high-visibility pieces of content aroundsports' biggest events, on-field action and off-field issues.
- Follow protocol to meet demands of deadline-driven operation that works closely with Bleacher Report's Programming and Quality Control departments to create clean, engaging, accurate and timely content.
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of sports, with some in-depth specialities.
- 1-3 years relevant experience in digital sports media.
- Ability to write about all aspects of sportson and off the field.
- Ability to write quickly and cleanly, according to AP style.
- Ability to use a variety of media to illustrate content.
- Comfort in online publishing and word-processing systems.
- Ability to navigate social media for newsworthy reactions to sports events.
- Effective communication and multi-taskingskills.
- This is a full-time position that includes benefits.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.