Lead Financial Analyst
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by National Basketball Association
At the NBA, we're passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball. Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Off the court, we're also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league's involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
The Lead Financial Analyst plays a key role in coordinating the financial reporting and analytics related to the NBA teams. This person will act as a central point of contact to team financial representatives, assist in the oversight of the Combined Financial Statements (CFS) audit process, run analyses on the League & Teams' financial performance, assist with gate receipt reporting, and other key deliverables during the annual business cycle.
- Act as a central point of contact for team financial representatives offering accounting guidance where necessary and ensuring reporting consistency among all 30 teams.
- Manage CFS audit process, acting as a liaison between team financial representatives and external auditors. This process is the basis for revenue sharing among the 30 teams.
- Responsible for collecting team projection data for a rolling three-year period.
- Assist in the quarterly CFS projection vetting process.
- Run benchmarking analyses on teams' projection submissions and provide added value insights to team and league personnel.
- Accumulate League financials and work with external auditors to ensure the proper presentation of the data.
- Work with financial analysts on various projects, including playoffs, league net income, and other expenses to determine Team share of distributions
- Assist in the preparation of year-end accounting memo to be distributed to all Team's.
- This task provides Team's with their share of equity in the League, insight to upcoming distributions and payments, tax reporting updates, benefit and insurance costs, and other League related communication to Teams.
- Assist with gate receipt reporting for Team/League distribution on a weekly basis and ensure that all 30 teams are submitting their respective data timely and consistent with reporting requirements.
- Coordinate various league deliverables such as team billing requisitions, communications to teams and Team Finance Net website updates.
- 6 - 10 years of experience Public accounting background and CPA preferred
- Industry experience preferred
Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Financial, Equity, Financial Analyst, Accounting, CPA, Finance