Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by NBC Sports Group
The Associate Producer will work with the Production team to deliver live and same day delay event coverage for the Olympic Channel and other NBC Sports platforms.
- Report to the show producer and be assigned tasks needed to finalize and deliver shows for broadcast, including but not limited to writing copy, formatting rundowns, ordering and/or creating on-air graphic elements, and assist commentators with research needs.
- Assist Producers, Editors and Preditors in locating footage and music.
- Oversee edit sessions at the direction of the producer to create show elements, including b-roll, highlights, interviews, teases, and feature packages.
- Be able to work in a control room environment and perform the job functions of Associate Producer, Tape Associate Producer, and/or Associate Director when needed.
- Oversee world feed broadcasts, voice-to-air broadcasts, and/or voice over sessions under the direction of show producer.
- Work independently and/or as a member of a creative team
- Proactively offer and communicate new ideas to take the network forward
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in sports production
- Minimum 3 years' experience in field production
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to work overnight hours, weekends, and holidays when needed.
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Have a deep knowledge of, and interest in, NBC Sports properties, including the Olympics
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, and "go the extra mile" under tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and manage a variety of responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team
- Possess a high level of initiative
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills