Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by AEG
AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
This position is located at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Home of the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Minnesota Lynx.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation, activities and functions of the Human Resources Department including input on the HR portion of the overall business strategy involving recruitment, on boarding, HRIS, labor and employee relations, benefits, audit reporting, payroll, training, employee development and Workers' Compensation.
- Serve as primary HR contact. Provides HR support and advises on a range of HR related matters to include hiring of employees, policies and other employee relations issues.
- Builds solid relationships with Directors and Managers at all levels. Advises Managers on effective coaching and counseling and assists with conflict resolution documentation and delivery of corrective action.
- Partner with Director, Human Resources to oversee and enforce human resources policies, programs, and practices. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local labor laws to reduce potential for litigation. Maintain employee files and related record keeping of personnel data, I-9 records, drug/background screening results, medical and leave information.
- Serves as lead Recruiter and manages the recruitment process including interviewing, hiring, and applicant processing. Develops, integrates, and compiles diversity strategies, goals and reports. Represents Company at external Job Fairs, networking and speaking engagements.
- Review and approve weekly payroll processing for accuracy for union and non-union hourly employees. Manages, reviews and approves time off requests, contractual increases, and the MN Sick and Safe Leave policy for PT employees. Oversees the maintenance of personnel/medical files, I-9 and background check files.
- Participates on special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Business, Human Resources, I/O Psychology, or related
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and public relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong, trusting relationships with management
- Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds
- Possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks while remaining productive and professional
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility
- Creative and detail oriented, organized and capable of meeting established deadlines
- Independent thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and success with conflict management and resolution
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employee laws and regulations
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Prior supervisory experience with aptitude for mentoring and developing staff is preferred
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG at Target Center has a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, sick/vac time and more!
Please provide a copy of your resume and cover letter and include your salary requirements to be considered.
Mason Frank International
Mason Frank International