Merchant / Buyer
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Under Armour
The Merchant will be given a rare opportunity to be part of one of the most focal retail divisions at Under Armour. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. This is a key role in the Retail Merchant Team and is accountable for continual success of an owned product category. You will be responsible for developing product assortments that drive profitability while partnering with key teammates across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and communicate seasonal product strategies that align with financial goals.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with Product Line Managers & Global Merchandising team to ensure the seasonal assortment meets Factory House customer and business needs.
- Partner and lead a team of cross functional procedure experts assigned to the same category that include a Planning partner, Allocation Analyst, and Visual Merchandising partner.
- Measure and communicate financial results and action plans to manager, leadership and cross-functional team on a weekly basis.
- Develop product and financial strategies in collaboration with planning partner to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk in-season. Communicate action plans through Monthly OTB process.
- Recap seasonal hindsight learnings and strategically identify opportunities for future seasons.
- Create a merchandising flow calendar that identifies key items, trends, and product launches appropriate to the product category.
- Define product placement strategies and seasonal marketing stories.
- Foster positive relationships with the stores and solicit their feedback on product opportunities and consumer reactions.
- Manage changes to the assortment and communicate to necessary partners
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical skills & Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Leadership experience and the ability to thrive in team-based settings
- Ability to clearly communicate product strategies to cross-functional peers and leadership
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for merchandising and Under Armour
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience.
- 3-5 years of merchandising or buying experience
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.