Engineering Dir, Supply Chain Technology
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
This position will be Accountable for systems strategy, systems design, delivery and support at 5 US facilities (All systems at 3 fulfillment centers and warehouse systems at 2 manufacturing facilities). Systems portfolio comprises 2 Warehouse Systems (Manhattan WMOS and home grown WMS ) , 2 WCS (Compass WCS and Pyramid WCS), Put To Light Systems, Shipping System, Labor Management Systems, Eurosort Unit Sorter and Shipping Sorter, Proship Parcel Shipping System, Cognos Business Intelligence and integrations with enterprise systems like Ultipro Time & Attendance, Microsoft Dynamics ERP, Sterling, Order Management System.
We are looking for a leader who can play hands-off as well as hands-on role. Ideal candidate will have strong background in Supply Chain Systems in Retail/Ecommerce environments and specific skills in Manhattan Associates WMS/ WMOS. Technical background is required for this role.
- Job Location: Jacksonville, FL
- Hiring Manager Info: This position reports to Harsh Tewari, VP, Engineering.
- Team Info: The position will have 4-6 direct reports (Sr Manager-Supply Chain Technology, QE Manager - Supply Chain Technology, 2-3 DBAs in Jacksonville, 1 DBA in India). Sr Manager-SCT leads a team of 12 systems analysts (including contractors) and QE Manager - SCT leads a team of 4 ( including contractors). Team members are based out of fulfillment centers in US, Jacksonville offices, India office and remote contractors.
- Understands and employs Design Thinking to systems design (Understand user needs and where the system and/or operations are currently lacking and how systems should be reconfigured or enhanced/modified to meet those user/business needs)
- Ability to act as "Design Lead" and drive design discussions with users from Warehouse Operations, Logistics, Merchandising, etc.
- Willing and able to work on the floor, supporting end users in "all hands on deck" mode during peak season (November and December) and after major deployments
- Serve as a liaison between the technical teams, leadership teams, users in the field, business groups, etc. while serving as a "translator" between the IT/technical groups and the business/non-technical groups
- Travel 10-25% primarily to Fulfillment Centers in Nevada and Ohio and to west-coast office in San Mateo, CA
- 12+ years Supply Chain Technology experience leading people, processes, and technologies
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Manhattan Associates WMS/WMOS. Experience with and understanding of Manhattan WMS/WMOS configuration options.
- Problem Solver with 5+ years experience as Design Lead with responsibility for medium-large applications
- 2+ years experience at Sr Manager or Director level in technology leading a team of 15+ engineers/analysts
- Must be a Warehouse Management System subject matter expert
- Must be confident and able to "run the room" and collaborate with others to make/recommend decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work with business teams to analyze historical data to build hypothesis, identify process/system opportunities, and drive system changes to achieve ROI
- I nterest in and familiarity with Emerging Technology Trends especially those affecting Supply Chain domain
- Strong work ethic and initiative. Ability to lead by example.
- Must be willing to "get their hands dirty" when needed in order to get the job done
- Sound understanding of SDLC, Software estimation models, Deliverable planning
- Sound understanding of Scope, Timeline, Quality and Budget Management
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and meet various deadlines
- Experience managing expectations and engaging business and technology senior leadership
- Ability to build credibility with business partners through knowledge, experience, and performance
- Capable of making reasonable commitments and keeping them.
- Ability to mentor team members and challenge self and team to next-level of performance. Strong follow-up skills to ensure projects/tasks get "Done".
- Ability to outline options with pros and cons
- Demonstrated ability to handle high-pressure situations in project delivery as well as production support
- Experience managing vendors and contract negotiation
- Ability to delegate work while retaining accountability for outcome
- Ability to identify and retain high performers
- Experience working with warehouse automation technologies like Sortation systems, Put To Light, Auto-Bagger, Voice Picking etc
- Experience integrating with ERP and Order Management systems
- Experience with non-Manhattan WMS
- Experience leading multi-location teams
- Experience with Agile/Kanban methodology
- Exposure to applied use of leading/emerging technologies like Blockchain, RFID, Artificial Intelligence, NoSQL databases
- Experience with Technology portfolio analysis and rationalization
Florida Gateway College