Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by ESPN
The college sports general editor works across sports and platforms to create and curate the most accurate, timely and engaging content for fans. Candidates must demonstrate a strong editing background, news judgement and the ability to work within a team.
- The college sports editor will oversee college basketball coverage and collaborate across ESPN platforms
- The college sports general editor will identify storytelling opportunities and work with writers to create unique content for fans.
- The college sports general editor will help plan coverage and content for games and other live events.
- The college sports general editor will collaborate with our distribution teams and other cross-platform partners to ensure we're meeting fans where they are.
- Demonstrated ability to edit skillfully
- Passion for sports and a strong knowledge of teams/schools, players and storylines
- Strong understanding of social media and the latest new media trends
- Adept as a team player, at taking initiative and at multi-tasking
- 3-5 years working in a high-level sports media environment, creating and managing content
- Sporting events take place on nights, weekends and holidays -- and those shifts will be regular and required.
- Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism or new media, or an equivalent combination
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.