Digital Innovation Product Mgr.
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
Innovation is oxygen for Nike, Inc., and the company depends on its talented, global workforce to breathe originality and curiosity into everything they do. The Nike Advanced Innovation team strives for lighter, faster, bigger, smarter, smaller, more efficient, more sustainable and more personal. They imagine, research, analyze and invent the next industry-changing technology to advance athletic performance. In roles that span research, design, materials and manufacturing, the Advanced Innovation team looks to the future and focuses on making the seemingly impossible, possible.
The NXT's Digital Innovation function provides a competitive advantage by leveraging the power of modern technologies, methodologies, skills, and services to fuel advanced athlete insights, product innovation, and craft. We seek to identify and accelerate new digital approaches to generating athlete insights, designing innovative products, and leveraging advanced manufacturing methods to create compelling consumer product and services.
As we look to transform the way Nike designs and makes product, harnessing cutting-edge, digital technology and processes will be integral to the future maker at Nike. We are seeking a Digital Innovation Product Manager with proven experience managing complex digital projects involving software and hardware to help us accelerate this vision.
As our Digital Innovation Product Manager, you'll play a key role in the research and development of advanced digital tools, processes, and experiences that will serve to drive Nike's product creation, manufacturing & advanced innovation strategies forward.
The Digital Innovation Product Manager works across advanced innovation and product creation teams, connecting with business leaders, digital innovators and key internal and external partners to research, develop, and deliver advanced digital concepts and solutions. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience and a solid understanding of modern product creation best practices and emerging trends, as well as an established track record in defining and delivering digital software solutions.
Fundamental elements of our work include:
- Functional and business requirement definition
- Digital transformation / Business process transformation
- New product strategy and development
- Rapid prototyping & concepting
- User-centered design and research
- Software product management
- Transition management
- Advanced communication & storytelling
- Leads strategy definition for key products and processes within a portfolio.
- Defines, drives alignment, maintains, and communicates the product /concept roadmap.
- Drives the implementation proof of concepts & pilots to prove plausibility of technology innovation, including defining project scope, requirements and success metrics.
- Conducts the development & implementation of key projects with technology and vendor partners; establishes strong partnerships.
- Manages day-to-day relationships with stakeholders, technical teams and external development partners.
- Builds technical expertise with all current and future platform tools.
- Internalizes user requirements and business context to drive technology adoption.
- Understands how stakeholders work, educating and training on new tools and processes.
- Collaborates with partners and sponsors to drive towards process and technology change, utilizing a user-centric research process.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication & storytelling skills including meeting facilitation and development of persuasive presentations.
Requirements for the position include:
- 5-8 years product management experience in a digital / software ecosystem
- 3+ years product creation experience; footwear or apparel a plus.
- Proven experience defining and managing complex digital products / projects
- Proven ability to document requirements and manage multiple products and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep to understand business users and product technology and related landscape
- Ability to think and act creatively, methodically and strategically
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with core team, extended stakeholders and executive leadership
- Must be organized and flexible, acting independently while staying aligned with the larger platform team
- Ability to switch rapidly between different projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Is forward thinking and passionate about delivering a premium and innovative solution
Familiarity and experience with any of the following technology areas are a plus:
- 3D capture technology
- Anthropometry and ergonomics
- 3D modeling / design / printing
- 3D apparel design / 3D footwear design
- 3D animation
- 3D digital simulation
- Advanced visualization technologies using rendering and game engines, AR/VR/MR
- Artificial intelligence / machine learning