Graphics Designer- Washington
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by NBC Sports Group
NBC Sports Washington is seeking a Graphic Designer with digital, social and broadcast experience to join the creative services team. Reporting to the Director, Creative Services & Advanced Technology, the Graphic Designer will have a keen eye for design, modern graphic communications skills, a visual storytelling sense, and a strong interest in our brand. This is an opportunity to join a team of passionate designers who create content for multi-platforms (including digital, social, mobile, experiential and marketing channels).
- Design & animate show and live event graphics (monitors, opens, lower thirds, transitions, bumps, boxes, billboards, snipes, etc.)
- Fulfill daily graphics and animations requests for Content Department including (but not limited to): Open animations, sponsor elements, Show opens, Social Media Graphics, team/sponsor logos, headshots, etc.
- Design graphics requested for shows in a timely manner without sacrificing brand continuity or graphic quality.
- Distribute graphics for shows to their appropriate locations and notify production manager of location
- Integrate sponsor elements into new and existing graphics
- Edit promos and network spots with branding that includes design and animation of promo graphics
- Design marketing materials (print ads, one sheets, web banners, press kits, t-shirts, flyers, banners, billboards, premiums, etc.)
- Possess expert understanding of motion design, print design and web design.
- Should be able to create storyboards using Photoshop/illustrator for various animation projects, based on creative brief.
- Translate the storyboard ideas into animations, using adobe After Effects and or Cinema 4D
- Work with the NBC Sports Washington marketing team to design concepts for web banners for various live events and TV shows
- Produce still and animated graphics for current and new in-show segments
- Work with fellow designers on multiple projects
- Work and support NBC Sports Washington graphics and marketing department on various projects
Software Knowledge of: Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects)