Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by YMCA
We are looking for a responsible and engaged leader who is excited at the prospect of developing and leading our Aquatics team and programs.
Auburn Valley Branch YMCA
We are looking for a responsible and engaged leader who is excited at the prospect of developing and leading our Aquatics team and programs. Our staff team plays a key role in developing the potential in our young people, ensuring aquatic safety standards are met, and serving on an engaging and dynamic team. You will be responsible for the development, implementation, administration, growth, and evaluation of effective, innovative, and safe aquatics programs. You will ensure that day to day operations run smoothly and that members and program participants have an exceptional experience.
Who are you?
If you're the right candidate for the job, you are a certified lifeguard, display positive communication skills, thrive on serving kids and families, can manage a dynamic team, and can step up to offer support at the first sign it's needed. You have the desire and energy to make a positive impact in the daily lives of the people in our community.
- Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent education/experience.
- Four or more years of related experience including staff and volunteer supervision, program development, budget management, and fund raising.
- Ability/experience training Aquatic employees.
- Current state approved first-aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard trainer or equivalent certification recognized by the YMCA of Greater Seattle Aquatic Standards.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate affectively at all levels of the organization and to represent the Y in a professional manner.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, database, spreadsheet software, and web-based applications.
- Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Directs and manages the development, operations, and growth of the Aquatics Department to meet the needs of the community served.
- Establishes innovative aquatics programming and expands program(s) within the branch and community in accordance with the Association and branch strategic plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Develops and manages the aquatics budget/s meeting or exceeding fiscal objectives. Closely monitors revenue and expense.
- Recruits, hires, trains, mentors, evaluates, and supervises assigned staff and volunteers. Provides development and leadership to direct reports. Partners with HR to develop and annual recruiting strategy ensuring a steady pool of quality candidates.
- Ensures that safety procedures are followed and that all programs/pool deck are in compliance with YMCA standards, all regulations and other applicable standards.
- C ompiles program statistics and provides data and reports as required for program(s). Monitors program quality through innovative program evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
- Conducts lifeguarding and swim instructor certification trainings and in-service training for Aquatics staff.
- Creates template for staff and pool schedule to ensure proper staffing ratios and most effective use of pool to best meet the needs of the community.
- Provides leadership and support for branch management team, annual fundraising campaign, volunteer recruitment, and volunteer committees/boards as assigned.
- Collaborates with the Association Marketing Department to develop, produce, and distribute program information necessary to promote aquatics programming.
Opens a new window