Process Engineer I
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Nike
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
As our Process Engineer I, you will support the daily process engineering needs of our production of Nike Air products. You will be responsible for ensuring operation and upgrading strategic manufacturing processes, which produce Nike Air components. You will design and execute experiments to understand key variables between material, process, tooling, and equipment. You'll provide technical support to maintain, repair and/or replace equipment and tooling, as well as, modify existing production equipment to improve both reliability and functionality. In addition, you will help drive engineering activities for new products and equipment. You'll support prototype development runs and drive commercialization of new processes and tooling while utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods to minimize waste and maximize efficiencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Plastics Engineering or other manufacturing related degree, OR
- Technical Degree +4 years directly related manufacturing experience, OR
- 6 years directly related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Troubleshooting industrial machinery which requires knowledge in mechanical systems
- Possess a detailed and methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with associates of all levels including directors, managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, and maintenance technicians
- Knowledge of thermoplastic urethane processing
- Design of experiments and statistical analysis experience and skills
- Process knowledge of extrusion
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing or similar principles and practices
- Some design experience