Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Vista Outdoor
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Looking for a Quality Engineer who is responsible to establish, maintain and implement all quality standards for Savage Arms products, assist Engineering in development of test procedures and process validation of new products.
- 4 year Degree in engineering
- Focus on quality engineering or equivalent working knowledge.
- 8-10 years of experience as quality engineer.
- Advanced understanding of statistical quality assurance programs.
- Good understanding of production techniques and processes especially in manufacturing.
- Good tactical communication skill with vendors and subcontractors.
- Extremely well organized and self motivated and have ability to work without supervision.
- Work under pressure with tight deadlines and maintain control even in emergencies.
- Conduct studies to determine root cause and corrective action required to remedy deviations impairing desirable standards of quality.
- Work in conjunction with engineering, manufacturing, customer service and procurement personnel to resolve problems relative to customer complaints, product design, specifications, materials, tooling and production operations affecting quality.
- Conduct training sessions to keep company personnel informed and up to date on procedures and methods, use of equipment and other quality assurance techniques.
- Develop and maintain a quality control manual to incorporate statistical control programs, analyses and reporting of results and trends.
- Develop and implement a quality production program to ensure conformity of purchased materials and components.
- Works with development and engineering team to establish quality procedures and guidelines for all new products.
- Review current products and establish quality assurance procedures and related documents.
- Responsible to establish all inspection criteria and documentation.
- Implement QA procedures during pre-production and production startup.
- Involve directly with manufacturing engineers for 1st article approvals.
- Works closely with production supervisor to maintain communicate quality requirements.
- Prepare necessary reports and maintain all pertinent records.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
Physical Requirements : A combination of sitting and walking on even and un-even surfaces throughout the shop floor. Must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
Mental Requirements : Strong analytical and problem solving skills required. Must be flexible to handle multiple tasks simultaneously that may at times have conflicting priorities. Must possess the ability to work under pressure.
Working Environment : 70% of the time is spent in an office environment. 30% of the time is spent in the manufacturing plant. This exposure subjects incumbent to temperature changes, dirt, dust, noise, vibration, moving objects and mechanical parts, machine tool lubricant mists, equipment and explosive hazards.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled