Head of Communications
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Topgolf
The Head of Corporate Communications will provide leadership for building, operating and leading an integrated strategic communications program for Topgolf. As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for someone who can promote our brand, interact with the public, and establish productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the CEO, this role will manage and provide strategic direction for all media-related activities including all media relationships, act as our official spokesperson as necessary, and represent Topgolf at key community events.
How You'll Do It
- Leads, plans and directs a comprehensive, integrated and strategic corporate communications program designed to increase the organization's visibility with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops and manages a strategic executive communications program to position senior executives and the organization, through speaking engagements and presentations, internal events, earned local and national media, social media and other channels.
- Leads strategy and messaging for crisis communications for internal and external audiences.
- Leads the development of strategic internal communications program and establishes communications objectives and strategies to engage and cultivate support from internal audiences, build and manage brand reputation, and achieve identified strategic business goals.
- Effectively manages day-to-day operations of the Corporate Communications team including annual budget, vendor and other outside support relationships and resource management.
- Establishes communications systems, processes, templates and channels to support consistent, effective and efficient communications; leads development, production, deployment and management of communications content.
- Facilitates internal understanding and alignment to the brand.
- Provides proactive and reactive strategic communications counsel to Topgolf leaders and senior leadership on brand issues and activities.
- With their team, actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding Topgolf's special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Work closely with the Operations, HR, Product and Media teams, as well as other internal stakeholders, to discover and share stories that further the company's goals
- Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Provide advocacy for Topgolf's internal programs, support people initiatives, employment brand and diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Effectively uses data to inform strategy and is comfortable applying data insights to develop and evolve communications strategy. Leverage market research, business plans and operational and other market data to develop communications strategies and plans designed to support business goals.
- Establishes measurement and metrics for function and sets a cadence to share program performance data with senior leadership and key stakeholders.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field required
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in Corporate Communications or similar role required
- Public company experience within the Hospitality, Entertainment, Restaurant, Hotel or similar guest-focused industries
- Ability to manage outcomes during crisis communications
- Poised spokesperson possessing exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience supporting senior executives with written communications, external events and press
- A track record of building consensus and delivering high-impact communications initiatives
- Proven ability to develop strategy and execute day-to-day tactics
- Passion for inspiring, creating and telling memorable stories
- Must be a strategic problem-solver, an influencer with strong leadership and interpersonal skills