General Merchandising Manager Men's Apparel
Posted on Nov 30, 2018 by New Balance
Reporting to the EVP of Apparel, the Global General Merchandising Manager will work across categories to ensure optimal product sufficiency. The individual will partner closely with the product teams and regional merchants to drive business from a product merchandising perspective.
- Creates product strategies and assortments to address DTC, Wholesale, and Emerging Markets business segments
- Edit assortments to maximize productivity, ensuring a balance of brand, product and regional priorities
- Work closely with product leads to balance assortments across categories; with a clear focus on consumer end use regardless of BU
- Work closely with regional merchants throughout GTM process
- Voice in seasonal flow and product priorities
- Represent apparel priorities at Game Plan decision gates
- KPIs: Global apparel budget attainment, SKU efficiency, flow percentages and Macro DA by channelREQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS
- 12+ years of experience in a fast paced, merchant and product oriented environment
- True merchant mindset-must be able to balance art and commerce; have a passion for product and drive to push for best results
- Collaborative mentality with high level interpersonal and analytical skills
- Smart decision making skills and comfort working in the grey
- Ability to function laterally in a linear environment
- Global Travel required
We're happy to provide traditional benefits, but to us, the greatest benefit of working at New Balance is taking advantage of additional programs that will enhance your life at work and at home as you grow with our business. Each associate is encouraged to take ownership and mold their development process. To guide you in the process we offer traditional and nontraditional development opportunities, including mentor programs, to help you move your body or career, in which our executives participate as mentors. We also offer customized team sessions, on and off-site seminars and tuition reimbursement.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.