Security Engineer II
Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
Nike does more than outfit the world's best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards imagination. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Tech brings together technology and process expertise to create value for the consumer. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology capabilities that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing Lean solutions that eliminate waste, maximize consumer value, and drive profitable business growth.
In this Security Engineer II role, you will join an information security technology operations team responsible for account, identity, and certificate management security controls. Your skills and knowledge working with people and technology will be applied to supporting the global enterprise and elevating Nike's security game. You will work with peers and partner technology groups to secure the digital identities of employees, application systems, and web services. You'll be achieving your goals and growing your acumen through training and experience we'll provide.
- Hands-on multi-year (5+) experience with information technologies like operating systems, identity & access management systems, and/or basic information security technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of importance and urgency supporting a 24x7 security services operation
- Experience in successfully working with end users and system administrators to troubleshoot and resolve configuration issues
- Demonstrated ability to learn new IT and security concepts and technologies - quickly!
- Demonstrated ability to work methodically applying procedure to routine work but also use independent sound decision making when required
- Demonstrated ability to perform quality work during stressful and high pressure projects or initiatives
- Experience managing workload through ticket management systems
- Experience working in an IT Engineering / Operations role preferred
- Experience working with application and AD (or other directory services) account management preferred
- Experience working with Identity Management systems preferred, including SailPoint Identity IQ, CyberArk, and Okta
- Experience working with password management systems preferred
- Professional education and certification (like CompTIA Security+, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, or CISM) are preferred
- Experience with Radius and AAA account management, LDAP and directory services, multifactor authentication, and/or password vaulting technologies preferred