America Commercial Finance Mgr
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike's business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance plays a leadership role in these opportunities by providing expertise and insight to drive near-term profitability, influence strategic investments for long-term growth, helps to manage risk in an evolving macroeconomic environment. We plan, account, and report for Nike's multi-billion-dollar portfolio businesses across diverse categories and geographies, while managing the company's investment portfolio. Our people and culture distinguish us as a world-class finance team that lives its organizational mission: to drive and deliver value to every Nike shareholder.
- Drive the preparation of account profitability reporting, actively interpreting and reviewing financial results with the NA finance and Sales leadership to drive mutual Nike and customer profitability
- Coordinate and assist account finance managers and category finance directors in efforts to provide insightful analysis into customer trade terms investments, including visibility into impacts of alternative investment strategies
- Partner with the North America business planning and commercial finance teams to set 3PW discount targets
- Identify and quantify risks and opportunities across the dimensions of the NA 3PW marketplace and communicate to NA Finance and Sales leadership
- Partner with global commercial finance and customer finance teams to drive cashflow improvement and risk reduction strategies.
- Maintain policies & procedures related to the discount exception and rebate process, ensure policies are strictly adhered to.
- Oversee the NA Pricing team to insure timely and accurate execution of daily activities involving system updates of customer standard, sales program, and supplemental discounts, as well as rebate programs.
- Attention to detail in the development of management quality reporting and analytics for executive-level personnel
- Ability to articulate financial concepts to both finance and non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with and influence all levels of management
- Enthusiastic about working in a dynamic business along with the passion and energy to drive results
- Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities and provides creative solutions
- Team player with a positive attitude - open to learning other areas of the business and sharing team responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- 6+ years' experience in financial reporting, financial planning, strategic planning and annual budgeting
- Experience at a large, fortune 500 multi-channel retail company strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel proficiency is required; experience with SAP is strongly preferred
- Ability to pass a 7 year background check