Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by NASCAR
NASCAR Productions seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Associate Producer based in our Charlotte office. The Associate Producer creates, produces and edits a variety of video products that support the industry (sponsors, teams and tracks) for use in broadcast, online, and/or at live events.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Use best practices to produce and edit short-form materials in a quick turnaround environment using new and archived materials.
- Use talent and skill to create a compelling story using visual and sound elements that enhance the final product
- Manage creative process with internal and external clients to enhance and broaden the final product
- Infuse new production approaches and editing styles into videos that distinguish each project
- Utilize storytelling concepts and processes to engage the audience and create memorable content
- Develop simple concepts into creative material
- Develop relationships with clients and their respective creative teams
- Research, write and provide ideas for future content
- Manage projects independently with minimal supervision
- Write and/or edit scripts to meet production requirements
- Direct the work of Production Assistants during events and/or shows
- Work with project managers, producers and post-production to understand relevant costs and workflows
- Plan and perform video post-production tasks including reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, logging, rough cuts, making audio adjustments, making color correction, creating graphics, and finalizing editing.
- Coordinate various aspects of production such as audio work, scenes, music, timing camera work, and script writing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or university and a minimum of four (4) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in sports media, preferably in television production.
- Experience operating high-end HD handheld cameras
- Ability to operate ENG style cameras
- Social/Digital video production experience
- Experience working with clients and meeting project requirements
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Proficient on company provided hardware and software, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly skilled in non-linear editing software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Skilled in post-production graphic and edit tools such After Effects and Color Correction
- Knowledge of auto racing, including current drivers, rules and events
- Understanding of sports production and client specific video projects
- Able to work in quick turnaround environment and be versatile to production schedules
- Excellent organization, communication, and time management skills
- Able to react quickly and positively in a wide variety of production situations
- Able to manage multiple projects at the same time with little direct supervision
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends, to meet deadlines
- Able to provide and accept feedback without compromising creativity or quality
- Working knowledge of footage libraries, music software systems and file based workflows
- Understanding of the various formats, deliverables and materials used in current production