IT System Analyst
Posted on Jun 9, 2022 by ITech Consult
IT System Analyst
The role is primarily responsible for the provision of Level 1 and Level 2 support with respect to Legacy business systems and providing critical support to the business in transitioning to a Group Company SAP HANA environment in the short term.
This includes responsibility for the availability, maintenance & optimization of business applications and conversion of business requirements into functional and technical solutions. This role will work both collaboratively and independently by utilizing subject matter expertise and capabilities to manage processes and projects from start to finish.
- Provide Level 1 support to end users on Legacy business applications and work with third parties to resolve Level 2 issues.
- Assist efforts to install, upgrade, and maintain applications and functionality, including performance and capacity-related aspects for your areas of responsibility.
- Assist with creating, managing, and executing test plans related to upgrades and maintenance releases.
- Assist team members to ensure a robust and well-functioning application environment with direct supervision and end-user management.
- Work closely with business analysts to convert business needs into functional and technical solutions; understand and minimize impacts to operational systems or applications due to changes or enhancements; assist in communicating impacts to stakeholders.
- Provide basic extracts and ad-hoc reports from Legacy business systems (and/or the associated underlying databases) in response to business requirements from time to time.
- Provide support on Legacy Bar Code labelling applications and assist with design and delivery of any label enhancements required by the business.
- Seek ways to continuously improve applications, work functions and processes in your area of responsibility through innovation, time saving, or waste reduction; work across IT Teams to implement improvements.
- 3+ years of experience in systems analysis or comparable Business Systems/IT Technical environment focusing on system development and application administration.
- Test and document code and/or code packages through the landscapes (code promotion or transport) where appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience in data extraction and reporting tools.
- Create and maintain technical documentation as required.
- Monitor systems performance and proactively analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents & requests in a timely manner.
- Assist with data migration from Legacy systems to Group Company SAP HANA environment and with roll out of this platform to business users in Clara.
- Comply with all our clients IT guidelines and standards.
- Track and report development status and timeline to IT Manager and to appropriate internal tracking systems.
- Assist senior system analysts develop, maintain and present metrics & statistics for systems health monitoring.
- Provide production support in security, troubleshooting, system monitoring/uptime & performance turning; escalate risks and issues when needed.
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge in software development life cycle protocols.
- Understanding of SQL based systems and underlying databases.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field
Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 921576EK
Role: IT System Analyst
Industry: Packaging and Containers Manufacturing
Location: Clara, County Offaly
Start Date: Asap
Job Type: Full Time
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.