IT Technical Project Manager
Posted on Jun 9, 2022 by ITech Consult
Technical Project Manager
- Develop project plans from discussions with all key stakeholders including architects, customer and internal management.
- Detailed risk management associated with all projects covering costs, resources, equipment, scope creep, integration and any other risks that come during project.
- Be able to negotiate with 3rd parties, management and customer, to secure required resources, equipment, down time requirements, associated with implementing projects within budget and schedule.
- Have the ability to manage and motivate people to ensure that project tasks are carried out according to the project schedule.
- Engagement with customer for project implementation and support.
- Act as a key customer interface for all project related issues.
- Manage the resolution of these issues as they arise.
- Lead regular project meetings and status updates with customer.
- Provide regular reports to all project stakeholders.
- Manage and monitor project and control progress against a baseline plan.
- Participate in early deployment and integration activities.
- Identification of new business opportunities.
- Minimum 8 years' experience as a Project Manager in Telecommunications or IT.
- Experience working in a complex customer environment with several simultaneous demands working to tight deadlines.
- Good computer skills/experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel, and MS Project.
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of IP infrastructure - Switches, Routers and Firewalls.
- Networking experience including IP, 4G, 5G and security.
- Excellent customer engagement, leadership and management experience.
- Full, clean drivers' licence.
- Willingness to assist technical engineers to get the project phases across the line if required.
- Flexibility to work in multiple locations (in Dublin) for a customer and flexibility to travel at short notice, if required.
- Exceptional organizational and management experience.
- Engineering degree or bachelor's degree in a related field (Computer/Telecom).
- Experience with early deployment and integration activities (Technical).
- Strong Visio experience, creating and reviewing Low Level technical Design diagrams.
- Experience with Data Centre operations, general onsite behaviour and processes.
- Experience with data centre installations, power installations & network cabling standards.
- High level understanding of general enterprise and carrier grade hardware such as blade enclosures (HP, Cisco & IBM), Servers (HP, Cisco & IBM), Routers (Cisco), Firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint & Fortinet), Switching (Cisco), Load Balancers (F5 & Cisco) including the installation and racking of these nodes in a data centre environment.
- Experience working with Tier 1 Mobile Network Service providers.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors/suppliers.
- Good understanding of customer trends and industry trends.
Reference No.: 921586EK
Role: Technical Project Manager
Industry: IT Services and IT Consulting
Location: Dublin 24, Ireland
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full time/Contract (Both)
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.