Early Head Start Education Specialist
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Crossroads
For more than 40 years, Crossroads/Beacon Health have been providing a continuum of quality life-changing behavioral health services to children, adolescents, young adults, adults and families, including specialized treatment for chemically dependent adolescents. As a leader in the behavioral health field, we offer a vast array of programs and services that evaluate, educate, strengthen and support thousands of children, adults and their families each year.
The Early Head Start Education Specialist position provides direction for all educational services; guides curriculum and program planning, development and training, serving as a resource specialist for program staff. Specific tasks include program planning and development, training, data collection and analysis. This role works in partnership with the Director of EHS and the management team managing broad program operations.
Major responsibilities include
- Compiles and evaluates child and program outcome data.
- Evaluate and monitor program performance; recommends and implements continuous program improvement strategies
- Closely monitor and evaluates the quality of services delivered and provides frequent feedback to the staff.
- Develop strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure positive links and resources for clients and staff.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external standards (ie Office of Head Start, county boards, Joint Commission, OHMHAS, federal and state funding sources, and other pertinent regulatory bodies).
- Understand, implement and monitor program compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and the Head Start Act of 2007.
- .Ensure safety policies and procedures are adhered to, and follow-up on accidents and safety concerns is documented.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master's Degree in Education required; Early Childhood Education focus preferred.
- ODE Teaching License preferred or similar licensure.
- Knowledge and experience in ECE Curriculum, Instruction, and developmentally appropriate strategies to foster Early Childhood Development.
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Developmental assessment tools.
- Knowledge and experience in human services with families of young children, preferably in a home based program option.
- Knowledge of early child development and principles of child health, safety, nutrition and family dynamics.
- Experience with low-income families, working with families of diverse backgrounds and varied experience strongly preferred.
Signature Health Inc.
Signature Health Inc.