Assisting Project Manager/Project Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by S. B. Ballard Construction Company
S.B. Ballard Construction Company, a leading General Contractor/Construction Manager servicing the Mid-Atlantic region, headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA is seeking an experienced Field Engineer to join our Northern Virginia team. The Field Engineer's primary responsibility is providing engineering support at a project level for two 6 level parking structures (Loudoun Gateway Station and Ashburn Station South) which will provide commuters direct access to the new Silver Line Metrorail Stations.
- Assist project management team with creation of project plan and schedule.
- Ability to generate RFIs.
- Monitor project activities and ensures that execution activities comply with established plan and schedule.
- Provides engineering recommendations and guidance to both project management members and craft employees.
- Ensures all necessary project documents and reports are completed and submitted to internal and external individuals.
- Communicates with customer contact at project site to ensure project and activities comply with customer expectations.
- Supports operations department with proposal development, creation of project schedules, and project forecasting.
- Reviews engineering drawings and analyzes project impacts in support of operations department.
- Participates in wide assortment of project planning activities including corporate meetings, customer visits and interactions, and project team conference calls.
Desired candidate will have a background in Structural Engineering and currently reside within commuting distance of both projects. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management and two years of field experience.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Primavera P6 (preferred)
The summary of essential responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefit package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet.