Commercial Construction Project Manager Assistant
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by S. B. Ballard Construction Company
Project Manager Assistant
S.B. Ballard Construction Company, The Premier General Contractor/Construction Manager servicing the Mid-Atlantic region, headquartered in Virginia Beach VA is seeking an experienced Project Manager Assistant to join our team for a project located in Harrisonburg, VA located at JMU. The Project Manager Assistant is responsible for assisting the Project Manager in driving the project to completion on-time, within budget, while providing an exceptional experience for our owners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting Project Manager with full project ownership to include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate all activities with the Project Manager and project team.
- Own all project finances
- Organize, understand, and maintain up-to-date contract documents.
- Prepare the project construction schedule in conjunction with the Superintendent and required subcontractor input.
- Coordinate the intent and implementation of the final project budget Issue all subcontracts Prepare a master submittal schedule and submittal log.
- Schedule and conduct regular owner and subcontractor coordination and preconstruction meetings.
- Receive, review, document, and administrate the resolution to all project specific issues.
- Assist the Superintendent in implementation and coordination of SBBCC on-site quality control and safety procedures.
- Receive, review and process all subcontractor Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposal (RFP) forms.
- Prepare, distribute and acquire approval of all Owner Change Order Requests.
- Prepare and distribute all subcontractor Change Orders and associated budget revisions.
- Prepare and distribute the monthly Owner Applications for payment.
- Oversight of all project administrative logs and close-out activities.
- Drive the importance of a safety-first mindset to everyone touching the project.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects at varying stages within a life cycle.
- Manage a small team of employees, providing oversight, direction, and mentoring in accordance to SBBCC's policies and procedures.
- Foster and cultivate a team culture that aligns with SBBCC's mission and values.
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of industry experience, preferably in general contracting.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, document administration, and a thorough understanding of industry practices.
- Application of LEED certifications is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with MS Project and P6.
- Previous experience managing employees preferred.
- Some periodic travel may be required.
- Parking Garage experience a plus.
- Search is currently focusing on eligible candidates residing in Northern Virginia within commuting distance of Loudoun County job site.
- Timberline PJ experience is a plus
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion. S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefit package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment. EOE/M/F/Disability/Vet
S. B. Ballard Construction Company
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY
Affinity Executive Search