Registered Nurse (RN) - 5N Post Acute PRN Night
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by The University of Maryland Medical System
- The Unit-based Clinical Nurse PRN is a member of the health care team and renders nursing care to all patients within her/his assigned unit/area, assuring the nursing process is followed from admission through discharge.
- The CN-PRN collaborates with other members of the health team, delegates appropriately to support staff, and directs care to assure the patient s care needs are met.
- The CN-PRN is expected to exercise good judgment in the care of patients and the management of personnel.
- The CN-PRN promotes teamwork with physicians and personnel from other units/areas/departments.
- The CN-PRN must stay current with standards of practice through ongoing education relevant to nursing, such as the Nurse Practice Act.
- The RN s actions and attitudes will promote and support the hospital s mission and core values.
- In addition, the CN-PRN nurse must have demonstrated the ability to function as charge nurse efficiently and/or precept new staff members.
- He/she is able to integrate technical competencies, while integrating the biopsychosocial aspects of patient care.
- He/she demonstrates critical thinking skills in problem solving and caring for groups of patients.
- He/she consults others for assistance in recognizing his/her strengths and areas in need of professional growth.
- Professional nursing practice complies with the Maryland Practice Act.
- He or she demonstrates an understanding of patient safety goals, hospital, and nursing quality performance measures, and patient education.
- He/she ensures best practices are being met for clients and actively collaborates with other disciplines.
- He/she brings to the attention of supervisory staff issues, which he/she cannot resolve at the unit level.
- He/she may serve as a preceptor, or charge nurse.
- He/she anticipates patient needs and becomes proficient at ensuring customer service is outstanding for his/her clients and role models and influences those on the unit.