PlantPAx System Architect
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The System Architect provides strong technical leadership in definition, creation, development and implementation of the core of Rockwell Automation PlantPAx Distributed Control Systems (DCS). This role provides technical leadership to support and define requirements for the PlantPAx system, architectures, and market needs. The System Architect identifies, evaluates and recommends product improvements for existing system architectures, hardware and software to provide the best end-user system experience. The System Architect is a subject matter expert (SME) whom coordinates PlantPAx System developments and assures commercial applications of the PlantPAx system meet specifications and performance expectations.
- Create, maintain and promote PlantPAx DCS architecture including system definition, sizing rules and implementation (building) procedures
- Define desired PlantPAx system performance
- Provide analysis of data exchange and resource utilization between different subsystems and system elements
- Provide support for individual PlantPAx Product Managers in development of product requirements
- Participate in development of system product documentation and integration procedures
- Provide support to the System Characterization Lab in defining Application Under Test, testing PlantPAx DCS and interpreting test results
- Provide leadership in decision making and problem solving to ensure successful PlantPAx business performance.
- Need to clearly communicate with peers and management
- Ability to work with individuals across the organization globally
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to and drive change
- Ability to train others as a SME
- Work closely with marketing and support organizations to identify DCS requirements
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize them according to business needs
- Respond promptly to commercially sensitive customer product/system priorities
- Possess knowledge of competitive products and their functionality in comparison to Rockwell Automation product offerings
- Experience with one or more DCS systems as a system engineer with field experience in system start-up, maintenance, and lifecycle support of the system(s)
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor of Science Engineering (i.e.: Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering) or a related technical discipline.
- Typically requires 15 years of process automation experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Expertise in the following Rockwell Automation products:
- PlantPAx Process Object Libraries
- Logix and Studio 5000
- FTView SE
- FT Historian
- Preferred 3 years of experience in field implementation of PlantPAx systems
- Relevant, technical field experience with process end-users, OEMs and system integrators
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
Yes - Domestic
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Affinity Executive Search