Communications Engineer (Skype for Business/Lync)
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Software Guidance & Assistance
This person will work with the Communications Engineering team to provide program-level deliverables to the Operational team for implementation. The individual is expected to work with a level of independence & drive topics, syndication and communicate vision on complex topics to all levels.
- Serves as subject matter expert in leading the design and development of the most complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Conducts and leads complex analysis to correct systems, applications, software, and hardware that are not compliant with Corporate policy/procedures.
- Works closely with external vendors on large and multifaceted infrastructure engineering projects.
- Applies IT expertise in strategizing how to best develop infrastructure that will allow development and testing processes to be secure and efficient.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the organization's existing infrastructure technology.
- Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure. Contributes to the achievement of Infrastructure Engineering objectives.
- Fourth-tier escalation point for support issues for production environment
- Is an expert on current industry trends and emerging technologies. Analyzes trends to recommend and implement upgrades that enhance the reliability and efficiency of the IT infrastructure.
- Create operating and support models to aid seamless transition of solution to operations team.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of engineering a Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business UC technology service, both server and end point.
- Experience with integrating enterprise Voice & Video and Skype Mobile.
- Knowledge of designing and deploying Group/Persistent Chat, Edge services and Group Federation.
- Strong troubleshooting ability with extensive hands-on IT support experience, both Back End and user-facing.
- Able to generate options and recommend solutions which are logical reasonable and realistic.
- Experience of Microsoft Windows components, for example; Active Directory, Windows server, SQL Server