Deductions Resolution Intern - Fall 2018
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
Deductions Resolution Intern
Fanatics is seeking an intern to aid in the research and resolution of deductions, along with suggesting process improvements to reduce the overall in-flow of deductions.
- Conduct research and analysis to resolve deductions, including those related to freight, damaged merchandise, pricing differences, shortages, POD's, and other discrepancies.
- Verify the validity of deductions by obtaining and analyzing documentation from customers to identify root causes.
- Work with customer and internal cross-functional teams (Sales & Customer Service) to ensure timely clearing of chargebacks/deductions.
- Identify root causes of deductions and work with cross functional teams to reduce/eliminate recurring deductions
- Assist AR / Credit Team in resolving payment/deduction/chargeback issues
- Ability to problem solve, think independently, and be persistent in bringing issues to conclusion
- Comprehension of accounting concepts including account reconciliation, debits/credits, and AR processes
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookups
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to build solid working relationships with co-workers and internal/external customers at all levels
- Bachelor's Degree
- Effective professional communication skills with all levels of management
- Strong ability to analyze information and make sound decisions
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, while meeting assigned deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including Excel and navigating customer online portals
- Position may be demanding because of deadlines and interruptions to work
- Must have the ability to travel as needed, to support the business