Director of Track & Field and Cross Country
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Eastern Illinois University
Eastern Illinois University is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Track and Field and Cross Country. The Director of Track and Field and Cross Country is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of a varsity intercollegiate track and field and cross country program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of the University, Conference and the NCAA.
- Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes to succeed at Eastern Illinois University.
- Be responsible in all areas of team performance.
- Work closely with support staff for both peak performance of the athletes as well as their academic and social development.
- Oversee strength and conditioning program, academic and medical issues.
- Hire and supervise and develop assistant coaches.
- Organize, plan and conduct safe team training, practice and conditioning activities.
- Participate in fundraising events, community events, promotion and marketing opportunities associated with the sport
- Produce a quality team capable of a representative win/loss record as determined by University Administration.
- Represent EIU at national, regional, state and local professional organization events.
- Supervise all track and field and cross country operations including, but not limited to, NCAA paperwork, scheduling, academic monitoring, travel plans, equipment, marketing and budget management.
- Manage annual budget.
- Maintaining knowledge of, and compliance with, specific NCAA, OVC and institutional rules that relate to this position is required
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Bachelor's degree required/Master's preferred. Possess (5) or more years of coaching experience or equivalent. Must have extensive knowledge of the sport of track and field and cross country. Ability to recruit and retain quality track and field and cross country student-athletes. Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills are required. Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete. Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the athletic department. Strong commitment to the University, OVC and NCAA rules and regulations. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusive excellence is required.
A complete application will include a letter of application, resume and contact information of three references.
For questions regarding the search, please contact Mark Bonnstetter, Senior Associate Athletic Director at .
Affinity Executive Search
Eastern Illinois University
Eastern Illinois University
The St. Benedict Technology Consortium (SBTC)