Mobile Release Eng Digital Engineering
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
As a Mobile Release Engineer - Nike Digital Engineering you will be part of the release engineering practice across several of our application teams. This broader team of release engineers serves our Digital, Corporate and Retail direct to consumer business. We work in a very fast moving, constantly changing environment and need people who are able to provide flexible, but reliable, self-service and easy to understand release automation to our teams.
In true Nike fashion, you will partner closely with engineering teams and technology partners across the engineering community to continually improve process, achieve efficiencies, and deliver quality product on schedule. Your role will also include working with cross functional teams to understand the technologies we plan to implement, setting direction for the team in collaboration with management, and championing change throughout the organization.
What we're looking for:
- Develop and operate tools and automation to allow for efficient, reliable releases
- Work with engineering teams to design sustainable deployment packaging and automation systems
- Troubleshoot deployment and application issues in a complex, multi-tiered, and multi-homed platform
- Support our CI and source control systems
- Solid understanding of configuration management and release engineering practice and procedures. DevOps/Continuous Delivery experience is a big plus.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to interact with senior leaders and all teams involved in release process
- Experience with most/all of the following technologies: Ansible, Python, Ruby, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins; Monitoring and triage tools such as Splunk, New Relic, and Dynatrace; MDM suites such as JamfPro, AirWatch, or Munki.
- Experience with Fastlane configuration and customization (developing custom lanes for Fastlane in Ruby)
- Experience with troubleshooting build and signing issues with Xcode and Android Studio
- Wide experience with automation and orchestration tools and continuous integration technology
- Strong Linux system administration experience. In depth knowledge of Java web application containers (JBoss, Jetty, Tomcat) and web servers (Nginx, Apache.)
- Experience in deploying, supporting and administering large implementations of macOS, iOS, and Android devices in a multi-location / multi-geography environment
- Top-notch communication and documentation skills
- Proven ability to keep up with new technology and recommend hardware/software standards for global enterprise environments
- Research-oriented and methodical approach to fixing problems
- Accountability and end-to-end ownership of task or solution
- Administration of internal and external, virtual and non-virtual systems and knowledge of the important considerations related to each
- 4+ years professional experience with at least 2 years in build and release engineering
- Fastlane/ruby experience is preferred
- Jenkins/Xcode/Android Studio experience is preferred
- Success in supporting and administering large device implementations in a multi-location/geography environment is a plus