Group Fitness Instructor - American Canyon
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by In-Shape Health Clubs
Formats Offered throughout In Shape Health Clubs:
- Les Mills - BODYPUMP, BODYCOMBAT, CXWORX, RPM, BODYATTACK, BODYFLOW
- Zumba - Zumba, Aqua Zumba, Zumba Gold, Zumba Toning
- Yoga, Pilates, Barre
- Silver Sneakers
- Boot Camps & Athletic Conditioning
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach a maximum of seven classes per week recommended.
- Attend required training sessions and a minimum of two workshops a year
- Teach the group fitness classes that are assigned by manager
- Responsible for finding class coverage for assigned classes when substitute is needed
- Be an In-Shape Health Clubs Group Fitness brand ambassador
- Greet all members and guests
- Answer questions about classes (pre/post class)
- Create an exciting and fun workout experience
- Exhibit enthusiasm about being healthy and fit
- Professional and positive attitude
- Cooperative team player
- Starts and ends class on time
- Takes pride in club equipment and stores equipment properly after class
- Participates in department and club events
Requirements and Qualifications:
- HS diploma or GED
- 2-5 years required instructional experience
- Certifications are required for teaching (national certification (AFAA, ACE, etc) or trained in branded formats (Les Mills, Zumba, etc)) and documentation must be shown at time of audition
- CPR Certification required or within first 60 days of hire
- Coordination, rhythm, and timing skills necessary.
- Must possess physical strength and flexibility.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Background in anatomy and kinesiology preferred.
- Strong communication skills with ability to talk in front of large groups
- Bilingual skills plus
Work Environment/ Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, changes in temperature/humidity; moving mechanical parts and vibration and exercise equipment; frequently required to stand, walk 1-4hours/4 hour day; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; and frequently use both feet and move them forward/backward and side to side; seldom required to sit; frequently to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and continuously reach and twist, including side-to-side movements; must continuously lift/move/carry 25 pounds; frequently lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move/carry 51 or more pounds.
In-Shape Health Clubs