Mobile Product Dir, Technology
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Converse was established in 1908 and is a brand with a deep connection to our consumers around the globe. We look to unleash their creative spirit by delivering compelling product and experiences. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
As a product manager on the Converse Technology team, you will be accountable for leading the definition and execution of technical capabilities for consumer facing mobile applications around the globe. You will be accountable for the technology roadmaps, technical implementation, vendor partnerships, and architectural alignment. Additionally, you will partner closely with business product management teams driving alignment on new capabilities and timelines that meet the needs of the consumer and revenue targets. Partnering with technology vendors will be key to successful growth in all aspects of technology delivery and operations. Additionally, strong collaboration and partnership with Nike Technology teams will be an important leverage point for this role.
This role will report directly to the Head of Technology at Converse. You will be a member of the Converse Technology Leadership Team. It is the expected that you will leverage your experience to grow a team, collaborate across the organization, drive strong stakeholder engagement, create clear technology roadmaps, and be a strong advocate for security, performance and scale with everything we build.
Your engagement will be across all aspects of the Technology lifecycle from strategy through new capability delivery to support of deployed solutions.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to bring a clear and demonstrated understanding of mobile technology current state and future trends as well as a proven track record of deploying and supporting mobile technology in a digital business.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years direct relevant work experience (or equivalent).
- 3+ years of proven experience in developing and delivering mobile technology strategies as a development team leader.
- Recent work experience with commerce, consumer facing mobile app development for IOS and Android platforms.
- Recent work experience with development, evaluation and adoption of emerging technologies.
- Proven ability to guide, influence and align a diverse set of stakeholders behind a technology strategy and plan.
- Experience in building effective project plans based on priorities, set clear and measurable objectives, and roadmap definition.
- Working knowledge of mobile technology like Swift, React/React Native, Android SDK/Java, APIs and Cloud Platforms (AWS/Azure)
- Recent work experience with establishing and managing commercial arrangements with providers of technology services or products
- Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate at senior levels within the organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes and challenges in organizational strategy, priorities, direction.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven experience leading and growing a technology organization in support of company strategy.
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.