Sr Transportation Analyst Digital
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
As a Sr. Digital Transportation Business Analyst on the North American Transportation Team, you will have an exceptional opportunity to leverage your analytical mindset, effective communication skills and project management expertise to challenge status quo and enable transportation excellence for Nike E-Commerce network.
- Identify and effectively collaborate with various stakeholders across the Memphis DC Network and broader Nike Supply Chain.
- Have an exceptional opportunity to work closely with DC Operations Managers, IT, Carriers and Direct to Consumer Functional Leaders for ad-hoc analysis, tools development and process improvement projects related to transportation.
- Drive creation of interactive and user-friendly analytical tools that enable fact-based decision-making process and executive storytelling.
- Ensure the use of these tools by conducting user training sessions, communicating effectively with various stakeholders and influencing without authority.
- Spearhead building visibility tools and reporting on KPI's across multiple channels and all modes of Transportation (Truckload, Less than Truckload and Parcel).
This position plays a major role in Digital Peak season including forecasting and carrier performance reporting. You will responsible to putting together an outbound parcel shipment forecast for both UPS and Fed-Ex. Many challenging opportunities to s olve problems and provide solutions. You will champion internal requests for investigations and partner on a solution enabling Transportation excellence for Digital Network. Collaborate and share best practices across the Memphis network.
In addition, you'll work with Logistics Service Providers to collect and analyze data to produce weekly service provider scorecards to measure performance against contractual deliverables and to measure internal operation performance. Identify trends and issues and recommend potential process improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Transportation, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years in Supply Chain focused on Transportation and Logistics
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of transportation management, operations, and accounting principles
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience with data blending tools such as Alteryx is a plus Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Skilled in SQL and Tableau in a business environment
- Ability to influence the organization cross functionally and at multiple levels to achieve strategy implementation
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong project management, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Domestic travel required on occasion but limited
- Experience with EDI Integration
- Experience with Transportation Management Systems
- Familiarity with data blending tools such as Alteryx is a plus
- Proficiency in Manhattan WMoS and Cognos is a plus