Apparel Product Manager
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by New Balance
JOB MISSION: As an Apparel Product Manager, you will work in cross-functional teams to successfully develop, design, manage, merchandise, and drive a product line that meets business plans and long term visions.
- Develop and execute a business plan, while taking into account manufacturing, cost, and market requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that the budget is followed.
- Work closely with customers, key accounts and with the global merchandising teams.
- Conduct market and trend research to gain a full understanding of the needs of the target market in order build a superior product line. You will continually evaluate competitors' businesses and the marketplace to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Achieve sales revenue unit margins and brand share objectives for the category.
- Communicate goals, expectations, and responsibilities surrounding the product to the appropriate teams and to management.
- Deliver presentations to senior management and customers.
- Travel to Asia with the Development team to review and approve products.
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of experience in product management or within the industry
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong merchandising and presentation skills.
- Proven experience in strategic and business planning as well as managing a budget and financial results
- Solid product and industry knowledge.
- Frequent domestic and international travel required
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.