Conference and Workplace Experience Leader
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by National Basketball Association
The Conference and Workplace Experience Leader will manage all activities related to existing conference and meeting room reservations, setup/breakdown, catering, and technology requirements. This position will also develop the operational plan for a future conference services center within the NBA's offices. The Conference and Workplace Experience Leader must perform and lead with focus on operational efficiencies while providing seamless employee and guest experiences.
- Manage existing conferencing and meeting requirements, including; room checks/maintenance requests, reservations, guest registration/arrival, room setup, and catering.
- Act as the main contact and manage all employee conferencing needs and provide quick reaction to issues - including room conflict resolution, AV, IT, and catering needs.
- Manage existing procedures while also developing new processes and systems for conference services, including a customized conferencing concierge program providing the highest level of customer service to employees and guests.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Establish a plan and develop requirements for the management of future state conference services center.
- Conduct town hall or other necessary meetings or communication plans with employees to market and roll out new customer service focused conferencing policies and procedures.
- Special projects/meeting coordination as required.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Five years' experience in the hospitality industry with at least three years of that experience at a management level for Corporate Conference Centers or Conference Center Resorts.
- Experience in developing customer service focused conferencing policies and procedures as well as developing/managing operational plans, financials and budgets associated with conference service centers.
- Previous positions where responsibilities included conference planning, conference floor management and knowledge/understanding of audiovisual technology and catering needs.
- Must have positive, outwardly hospitable attitude with strong organizational skills and ability to maintain professional composure under high stress situation.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice; flexible with work schedule.
- Experience in a high profile, fast-paced media and entertainment company preferred.
Educational Background Required:
College degree in Hospitality Management or have an extensive background in conference management.
The Conference and Workplace Experience Leader position replaces the position previously posted as Director, Conference Services. If you previously applied to Director, Conference Services, your application remains in consideration and you do not have to reapply.
Equal employment opportunity is a fundamental principle at the NBA. Accordingly, the NBA's EEO Policy provides that all employment decisions will be based on merit and valid job qualifications and are made regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Morgan Stanley USA