Business Integration Planner
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams - Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning - direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike's top areas of growth.
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As a Business Integration Planner for North America Demand Planning, within Demand Supply Management (DSM) you'll collaborate with cross functional category and marketplace partners to develop and maintain integrated demand plans for channels across seasons and demand streams. This includes:
- Capture quantitative and qualitative insights and drive alignment on key product classifications & franchises.
- Build consensus and alignment across key stakeholders on the category forecast.
- Work across corporate process dates and gates to build a plan that meets customer and consumer demand.
- Actively address forecast variances and improve forecasting accuracy.
- Deliver quantitative marketplace insights and conduct research to estimate market demand to identify key growth opportunities.
- Analyze internal category demand information using statistical analysis and data-driven decision-making tools.
- Support and inform category decision-making by leveraging point of sale data, internal financial metrics, external marketplace data and qualitative customer insights.
- Identify potential opportunities and/or risks in the business against inventory plans; develop actionable recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Sales, Fashion, Marketing or a related field
- 2 years' additional experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years' experience in Buying, Planning, Allocation and/or Vendor Sales for a multi-store retailer
- Support stakeholders and leadership through key alignment meetings for demand and supply.
- Lead monthly category marketplace health reviews, partnering with Inventory Planning, Category Ops and Demand Planners.
- Drive seasonal category business reviews.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Experience in gross margin profitability planning
- Ability to create monthly reports, top line sales plans, track promotional calendar/events and pre-meeting prep
- Strong and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; proficiency in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems is preferred
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with multiple business functions
- Strong team player and ability to work with the cross functional partners and senior management on all aspects of the business