Dir., Digital Support Svcs
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world - from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan - Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike's success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
Working in Nike Consumer Services will be rewarding, it will be challenging, it may well be a step towards something bigger, but it is most definitely not just another job. You'll be an ambassador of the Nike brand -- everything we stand for; drive, determination and the unyielding commitment to excellence, all will be a part of your everyday experience. We're committed to making every consumer's experience a rewarding one and as a member of our Consumer Services team, your contributions are a big part of our success.
As our Director, Digital Commerce Support Services, you'll lead and coach a team to build and retain brand loyalty by setting strategic goals that link to departmental strategic priorities.
You'll coach staff, support staff development, make hiring decisions, drive performance management practices, manage functional budget adherence, create and drive rewards and recognition programs. You'll develop and manage the team to provide a unique, unapparelled, distinctive consumer experience. Proactively making recommendations for knowledge content improvements, quality assurance practices and team communications in a manner that continually seeks to evolve the process, tools, and metrics to support the team and provide a world class customer service experience for our consumer.
You will lead and drive process improvement and innovation. You'll partner with your management team to ensure that our processes, policies and procedures are current and updated to support our future business initiatives and that the teams are set up for success to best support Nike and our Consumers. You'll ensure data and business insights teams provide consistent and actionable analysis with reporting to your leadership team around experience issues, concerns, and trends.
You'll drive recommendations and solutions which positively impact delivery of services to our internal and external customers. You'll lead the identification of gaps in training for both the internal and external teams based on experience results and metrics. You'll partner with the cross functional teams to develop and implement training plans to ensure experience practices and standards are being met on an ongoing basis. You'll utilize your expertise to help develop programs and share best practices with internal cross functional teams. You'll remain connected to the industry to identify trends, build resources, capabilities and tools, and help keep the consumer experience program at the forefront of our business.
Service is what sets Brands apart and in North America Consumer Services, Service is our Brand and our distinction. We look to drive friction out of the business for our Consumers and our Teams. When our Service disappoints, it's our Elite Support Services Team stepping in to "Make It Right" for our Consumers through Service Recover and Retention strategies. This may be driven by a single Consumer voicing their concern in a response to our surveys or an escalation to Mark Parker. Regardless of the source, we take each and every Consumer issue seriously and ensure we create raving fans of our Nike Brand.
- Bachelor's degree in Business (5 additional years' experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- Minimum of 5+ years directly related work experience in customer/consumer services/consumer affairs.
- Demonstrated experience of effectively managing managers of large teams
- Strong customer service skills. Effective, positive verbal and written communication skills with specific experience interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a group to achieve a common goal. Professional business demeanor; demonstrates patience, ability to negotiate effectively, and network within/outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and present effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and delegate effectively to individual staff members. Capacity to quickly understand new information and situations.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.