IT Procurement Manager
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
- Develop and execute innovative category management principles across IT spends, with a particular focus on Software (Software Licenses, SaaS), Cloud services and Hardware (Data Centers and Infrastructure)
- Negotiate and manage major technology providers to deliver global contracts with significant cost savings as well as adding value to the business
- Liaising with Executive-Level leaders within the business to proactively promote the value procurement can add through strategic activities, aligning category strategy with business plans overall
- Work with the procurement leadership to deliver 'best practice' methodology to raise the profile of procurement & sourcing within the business and develop a world class function
- To become a global role in the within the first 18 months
- BS degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Technology.
- A minimum of 5 years of procurement & sourcing experience.
- Industry qualifications: e-commerce, cloud services background.
- Strong experience in IT Category Management, well versed in developing category strategy as well as delivering it in the forms of strategic tenders, negotiations and supplier management.
- Expertise and global perspective in Hardware, Software, SaaS licensing and technology consulting sourcing, contracting, and negotiations
- Experience working with Senior Executives across multiple business functions internally and with suppliers
- Must have experience in negotiating with major technology suppliers (i.e. Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, etc.)
- Must have experience in managing $100+ million IT spends with strategic vendor partnerships.
- Must be commercially astute and a confident communicator, able to work with Executive-Level stakeholders as well as individually negotiate with external suppliers
- Strategic sourcing experience.
- Has worked within a Fortune 500 company.
- Strong financial, analytical experience, and business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analysis skills including the ability to use the full suite of MS Office.
- Solid business systems skills including experience in the operation of ERP systems or web-enabled sourcing tools.
- Experience with an automated purchase system that is integrated into a corporate enterprise solution.
- Leadership and project management abilities in order to direct functional project teams
- A high level of integrity, creativity, persistence, and personal drive.
- A proven ability to deliver results in strategic sourcing processes, including understanding the specs, finding the suppliers, analyzing the options, and assembling proposals.
- The ability to manage through complex operation environments.
- A team player attitude.
- A willingness to challenge the status quo.
Preferred but not required:
- An MBA.
- Experience with the implementation of P2P systems, ERP systems or web-enabled sourcing tools.
- Two to four years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with:
- Global / International sourcing.
- Operations and supply chain.
- MS DAX, ScoutRFP, Anaplan.
- Running e-sourcing and e-auction projects.
- The e-commerce industry, business to business, wholesale, manufacturing, and in-venue retail and similar industries.